What's up Buttercup?

Sunday, October 01, 2006

As Billy says... I'd rather laugh with the sinners...

...than die with the saints... and that's the topic of this evening's blog - on the night of Yom Kippur... perhaps the most holy of days in my religion.

I really don't talk about much of anything religious in my posts... and I don't expect tonight to be any different. Partly because I'm trying to suck down as much wine as I can before sundown...which has probably already passed, but I'll repent for that next year....

So anyway... in my religion we have one day that we are supposed to repent for our sins... so I can be as bad as I want on 364 days... as long as on this day, I fast for forgiveness. And tomorrow... call me Saint Stacey. I'm as angelic as they get according to God.

I'm not quite sure I get the logic in that, but nothing in religion ever really makes sense to me. I mean, who knows WHAT I did in the past year... but whatever I did or didn't do... how can it be made good just by simply doing NOTHING on one day.. I mean it should be the opposite.. you should have to clean the grout on your bath tub with a tooth brush... scrub the floor with your bare hands... something! But taking a day off from work, laying around doing nothing... isn't really punishment!

The only thing that really does stink is the whole not eating thing. Who made up these silly rules anyway?

Until sundown tomorrow...

Cheers,
S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home