What's up Buttercup?

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Tinkle tinkle little pee...On the potty you will be...

I have spent much of my free time today researching potty training methods...Charts...songs...movies...dolls...you name it. This is the kind of stuff they need to teach you in lamas classes...Not the stupid back rubbing, hand holding BS that had me gritting my teeth screaming, "It's not working!"

Okay, well so far everything I've researched and tried regarding potty training has me regressing to gritting my teeth... oh, and NOTHING is working!

I try leaving Jocelyn (now 3 yo) in undies and she could care less if she pees or poops in 'em. Pull ups... same shit..literally.

We tried the go to the potty every hour method and she just gets sick of me asking and puts up a fight going to the bathroom. Now I don't want to cause trauma for the poor kid so I just give it up for a while and try again the next day.

Now she has gone pee on the potty repeatedly...Pooped once. But she won't tell us when she has to go, but will announce after she's gone poop.

I am just at a loss here...so all of you reading who don't have high schoolers in diapers, please tell me your secret!

I must now go and learn the rest of the words to the "pee pee on the potty song..."

Cheers, S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home