What's up Buttercup?

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The power of music...

I was driving to work this morning and suddenly I was a teenager again. The Sir Mix-a-lot song, "Baby got Back" came on and I was singing along like I was back in the 80s. It was followed by the infamous 4 Non-Blondes Song and I felt like I was driving my Mercury Linx in the summertime with my girlfriends screaming at the top of our lungs "WHAT'S GOING OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!" (Did we ever find out?)

So I downloaded a bunch of songs and popped em onto my Ipod and now when I listen to them it's like my own personal time machine. It's amazing what a song can trigger. For instance whenever I hear Thriller I forget about the sick pedafile Michael Jackson has become and instead I'm standing at the bus stop trying to impress Jimmy Alevrez with my single white Michael Jackson glove. (He was so impressed he kissed me for letting him borrow it.)When I'm listening to Cutting Crew's - I just died in your arms tonight - I'm back in my 9th grade study hall...If I hear Lady in Red I'm 12 years old dancing with Jason at my cousin Deb's Bat Mitzvah!

I'm really not sure if any of today's music will have an everlasting imprint on my life... it's just not the same anymore. I can't imagine that 10 years from now I'll be be-bopping around singing "Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me..."
Well, maybe.

Cheers,

S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home