Thank You Uncle Hy!

Before I list off all of the things that went wrong leading up to Jocelyn's big bash...Let me first mention the number one thing that went right... THE WEATHER! It was perfect! Not too hot... not too cold - just humid enough to make people svitz enough to want to take a dip in the pool. People swam... ate...drank... played... had fun and most of all... we didn't get rained out!
THANK YOU UNCLE HY!
So... the things that went wrong. Let's see. Monday Jocelyn got sick. She was out of school two days last week. I got sick on Tuesday and was out sick with her on Thursday. By Friday I was feeling like BLEEP but managed to muddle through the house cleaning...cooking etc.
Friday it rained non-stop. Okay it stopped for a little while - but not long enough to dry off the grass so Dave could mow. So he had to do the mowing...the edging and put up the tent all on Saturday morning.
Saturday morning I went to get the balloons which were awesome. I brought them home and on my way out the door with them, I let them hit the playrooms popcorn ceiling and like fireworks... boom boom pop pop. 10 of the 15 or so popped. Lovely.
Then my sink decided to get clogged and when I went to unclog it - it exploded all over me (luckily I wasn't dressed yet) and my nice clean kitchen.
Then while I was putting all of the soda into the cooler a few cans exploded on me.
At this point I was ready to cancel the party thinking it was an omen. That and the big dark cloud that seemed to hover over me. Luckily around 2pm that cloud disappeared and the sun came out. I actually thought about getting my sunglasses for a moment.
But then the kids started to arrive -- and pretty soon all 60 or so guests were busy in the pool...or eating... or hanging out talking. It was perfect. Jocelyn had an amazing time and this morning when she got up and walked into her playroom she was sad that the party was over.
I am too. Especially since it only ended a few hours before Jocelyn woke up.. thanks to a late after party poker game ;-)
Here is a great video (& some photos of the big day) of her during her favorite part of the party... The cake!
More pictures to follow soon.
Cheers,
Happy Mommy of a 3-year-old
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_3EsddKzNA
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8CZuHDFm2aNmQ
and more...
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8EatW7dm2bMTu

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home