The price of vanity...
Last weekend I spent another day at the spa.. Ahh. It was an enjoyable day despite my everlasting sore throat.
I got the works... as usual... Manicure/pedicure...facial...massage. I went home glowing despite being about 300 dollars poorer.
On Wednesday of last week I thought I'd show off my glow with a new pair of shoes I've been saving for the perfect pedicure. I bought them a few weeks ago, but haven't had the urge or the cute toes to wear them.
All dolled up and ready to go to work, I got to my office and began my near-mile hike from my car to my desk. I got about halfway into the building and I thought I was going to die.
By 10am I already had two bandaids on my left foot.
By 11 my right foot was bandaged.
By noon everyone was making fun of me.
By 1:00 I had my sneakers on.
I still have my sneakers on because now every other more comfortable pair of shoe I have rubs the 4 blisters the new shoes created.
But man... did my feet look cute in them.
Needless to say... I "only" paid $50 for these shoes.
No wonder the devil wears Prada. I guess I should too.
Cheers,
S.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home