What is it about a married woman...
That turns guys on?
Last night I went out with my husband (gasp!) and some friends to a local bar for a poker tournament. I went for the fun of it and to help a friend with her sudden intense itch for a good game of poker.
Once you get knocked out of the tournament, you're pretty much stuck waiting for your friends to finish... so when you go out, you have to sit at the bar by yourself with all of the other losers.
So while we were playing I was not my usual "call it all" type self. It wasn't the buy-in I was worried about losing, it was the fear I had of having to sit in loserville at the bar.
But mid-way through my game I thought the guy next to me was trying to look at my cards... so I called him on it. Rather loudly, he said, "I wasn't looking at your cards, honey, I was looking at your..." (fill in the blank - with a 4 letter word, not eyes.)
I managed not to deck him... and just kept playing. Eventually I got kicked out and shuffled over to loserville... alone.
While I was sitting there, one of the other losers came over to talk to me. "Blah blah blah" was pretty much all I heard. I was too busy trying to count how many more chips till Dave was out so I had some company...
"Oh I see you're married," Loser #1 said, holding up my hand.
"You have good eyes," I glared.
"Is your husband here?" he asked.
"Yes. He's right there," I responded, pointing at my husband who was intent on his poker hand.
"Lucky guy," he said. "Will he mind me hitting on you?"
I just asked him what kind of response he thought he was going to get from that statement? I mean was he hoping I was going to tell him that indeed, we were swingers and in fact we had been eyeing him for a threesome? I mean come on!
And while that was the most memorable of the moments... I lost count how many times people would try to talk to me all asking the same question, "Is your husband here?"
Uh yea! But that didn't stop any of them! I think I get hit on more when my hubby is around then when he's not!
So what is the deal with men hitting on married women? Do they really think they're going to get somewhere? My only feasible conclusion on the matter is that they like to be the guy who gets to admire...chat... flirt...and maybe dish out a dollar or two for a beer...maybe hoping for ...what I don't know... BUT they don't want to be the guy who goes and gets tampons at the grocery store, pays for my sporadic shopping sprees or rubs my belly when I have gas.
So what good are you then?
Cheers, S.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home