Just another Sunday morning...


Last Sunday I nudged my husband in the back when we woke up. He quickly rolled over... probably thinking my nudging was a loving one...though he was quick to find out I wanted something...(just not what he was hopin' for!)
I had been awake for a few hours thinking about our daughter's "big girl room".
She had spent the last couple of nights in "mommy's bed" - mostly out of necessity... the need for mommy (and daddy) to get some sleep. She'd wander in our room after we have gone to bed, point and pout to the spot in between us. So it's either say yes (the easy thing to do) or fight with her about which bed is hers.
"I want the big bed." She'd say. So that Sunday morning... my nudge really meant..."Hey honey...let's go buy a big bed!"
Jocelyn is pretty tall for her age so her toddler bed indeed was cramped. Sometimes we'd find her on the floor... or half off the bed - or curled up in what couldn't possibly be a comfortable position.
So anyway, Dave agreed we needed to make a change, but said, "Let's look around and see what we find."
By 3 that afternoon we had a new headboard, frame, mattress and box spring.
Everything was assembled and we let Jocelyn pick out her own bedset.
To her father's delight, she picked out a Disney Cars theme. I let him have his glory.
But the bed set didn't match the curtains, which didn't match the bear border which didn't match the bed set.
So by Monday the curtains were replaced.
By Tuesday new ones were ordered.
By Thursday the border was removed.
By Friday we were painting the walls.
By Saturday the curtains to replace the curtains were replaced with new curtains.
And on Sunday... we finally had an almost finished new bedroom for Jocelyn.
So off to bed we all went on Sunday delighted with our accomplishments, but sad that our baby is growing up.
So at about midnight I was awakened by the pitter patter of little feet on the wood floor... and when we heard a sweet little voice demand "Mommy's bed" I knew it was Jocelyn's way of saying, "I'm still your little girl... NOW MOVE OVER!"
Cheers, S.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home