My teddy bear is going to the hospital...


-Mr. Bear and Stacey 1974 -vs - 2006
http://www.hannabrucebears.com/
Don't check your glasses. Your contacts are in correctly. You're not misreading this. It's not a typo. Mr. Bear is going to have surgery.
$275 worth of surgery.
He will be 31 years old tomorrow. For you mathemeticians out there, that means he was given to me on my 1st birthday. And yes, I'll be 32 tomorrow, so skip the niceties and just send me a present :)
(I could really use some money to pay for the surgery.)
I can't just get a new bear. This one has memories. We have history. He was there for me when I got my first tooth, when I lost it, too. He was there when I was grounded (unrightfully so)...He was with me on prom night (though I still can't say where and he'll never tell...) He has helped me through every tear, every broken heart, and celebrated every memorable happy moment in my life. He's my bear!
So yea, I am 32 years old and I still sleep with a teddy bear. SO WHAT!
But I found it interesting that places like this exist - an actual "hospital" where Mr. Bear will be admitted to, to be sewn up, stitched and shipped back in a week, as good as new. God Bless you Dr. Hanna! Take good care of my beary special friend!
Stop laughing. I mean it.
Cheers, S.
PS This is not a joke.
PSS Yes, you may send flowers
PSSS Stop laughing!
Addendum: The photo above was taken 11/74 so Mr. Bear is more than 31 years old. God, he's almost as old as me... the horror!

5 Comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!
Happy Birthday Sweetheart! And I am not laughing, I think its awesome that you still have your teddy bear from all these years. And I still sleep with a teddy too, although this one is not quite as old as yours.
Raise money at work. People seemed to like the candy bars!
Get well soon!
Sorry, no matter what you say, my laughing just will not stop.
Post a Comment
<< Home