What's up Buttercup?

Monday, April 24, 2006

What not to do when selling cars...

Just one thing.

Don't piss me off.

Let's rewind. My husband and I decided it was time to buy a new car. Just for shits and giggles. Well, no... not really... because my infamous Alero is 5 years old and because the Speed 6 is out and my husband hasn't seen something so hot since... well... since he met me ;-)

So we go to a dealership that's well-known in the area. I'll refrain from using their name until the saga is over - but for those of you who know me... you'll remember I starred in one of their commercials; and am quite famous in the area for telling folks how much I liked buying a car from them.

Which is why we're back there. We have bought 2 cars from that family of dealers and have been fairly satisfied.

So you'd think... third time's a charm. Right?

Not really.

We went there a few weeks ago to check out what they had. We liked what we saw but we did the usual, thanks and we'll be back deal.

We waited a few weeks... hemmed and hawed - and finally threw in the towel and went back to buy it.

To make a long story short, we walked in and said - let's do it. easy sale. but we didn't like the deal they proposed, they lowballed the trade in for my car. so we left. Again... part of the game... annoying as it is.

Next day we get a phone call from the sales guy - give them another shot. Sure.

They lay down another deal...still not good enough.

I make my demands, the sales guy actually agrees - we go to sign the paperwork.

We get there and suddenly he misunderstood what we agreed on. He says he'll try to make it work, we agree - fill out the paperwork... Get to the point where we talk about what's still missin'...and the finance guy looks at us funny... and suddenly the deal goes sour.

So we leave. See ya wouldn't wanna be ya.

The saga continues and now, I'm pissed and ready to throw in the towel. But I'm almost too pissed at this point not to give them a piece of my mind. So I'm not sure how this fairytale is going to end.

Dave's pouting - but now it's about principle. If this is how they treat a celebrity customer, I feel bad for everyone else going there to buy a car.

Think they'll ask me to be in their next commercial? Stay tuned.

Cheers, S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home