So I got on the scale this morning...
Nothing makes a woman cringe more than getting on the scale in the morning. Especially after a weekend consisting of an all-night drinking fest on Thursday...followed by Indian food on Friday...topped by Japanese on Saturday...and Chinese on Sunday. Hello, just roll me over and call me Bessie!
But I have to be real with myself. In a month or so we're going to be opening the pool - which means my fat ass will be getting into a bathing suit whether I like it or not.
So this morning I got up... went pee, thought about the scale... decided to wait till I do my hair....did my hair... decided to wait till after makeup....did my makeup...decided to wait till tomorrow.
I walked towards the bedroom... felt guilty...got undressed and came into the room with the scale (which I keep in a room which always has the door closed, so I don't have to SEE the scale god forbid get on it). Butt-ass naked I walk into the forbidden room... got a snide "hey now" grin from my husband...and then he sees where I'm headed and he suddenly tenses up. "WHY are you suddenly doing that?" He asks me.
Cuz I'm crazy I thought. But really...I needed to know. For shits and giggles. To make this the Monday morning it should be after losing an hour of my weekend... miserable. I braced myself for the worst. I got on the scale. I closed my eyes. I waited a few seconds. I opened one eye, looked down...opened the other and screamed...
...and hollered...and jumped for joy. I've only gained a whopping 4 lbs since I last weighed myself in early 2005! Could it be right? I got off the scale, turned it back on. Got on again. Same! Shit! Dave got on it too - hoping my "success" would mean a good number for him... I thought he would tell me the scale was broken... but while he wasn't thrilled with his number (sorry hun), he said it looked like an accurate read.
Wow. There is a god. So I'm super pumped...and I'm going to go now and work off my celebratory curry shrimp, peanut butter bar and cool whip, with some high intensity tae bo. IT WORKS!
Cheers,
Bessie

1 Comments:
Hey stacey that is great!!!!!!!!
post a pic of you sexy body we all want to see it.. your a yummy mommy that is forsure
Post a Comment
<< Home