What's up Buttercup?

Saturday, January 14, 2006

10 Calendars for the price of none...

I ordered 5 holiday calendars from Walmart.com prior to Christmas. They were due to ship in time to get them wrapped and under the tree for Xmas gifts.

Mid December I got an email from the photo center at Walmart telling me that the calendars were delayed and would not ship on the date they were supposed to. BUT, I would get them shipped to me overnight for no extra charge. Bonus! Okay... a little late, but still in time to get them wrapped and under the tree for Xmas.

A few days later I was emailed and told the order was still delayed BUT, I would get the order FREE! That's $100 worth of calendars - Free! Double Bonus!

December 23 I got an email that made me cringe. My order had been canceled. I held back the anger and called walmart's 800 number.

"Yes ma'am (I am so not a ma'am) your order timed out so it was canceled."

I asked for a definition of timed out. She told me basically it took too long so the computer just decided "not gonna do it!"

I went through all of the emails about shipping and promises of free calendars with the woman on the phone and she apologized and told me the only thing I could do was to re-order.

No way. I took my photos to walgreens.com and ordered 5 calendars from them.

Another $100 and two days later, (but not in time to have them wrapped and under the Xmas tree....) my 5 Walmart calendars arrive.

No, that's not a typo... my late but overnighted, free but canceled order from Walmart arrived. Uhm ok.

So I call walgreens....

Me: "Has my order shipped yet?"

Walgreens: "No, we're running a bit behind."

Me: "Okay, can I cancel my order?"

Walgreens: "Okay!"

Confirmation email canceling my order was immediately sent out. My card was credited. End of story? No.

A few days later my 5 canceled calendars arrived from Walgreens.

I call again.

Walgreens: "I'm sorry. After a photo order is placed, it can't be canceled."

I tell her I have an email canceling the order and issuing a refund.

Walgreens: "Yes, I show we credited you the amount owed. Consider it a gift."

Uhm ok.

Should I send a thank you note?

2 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Blogger Liz said...

oh my god. The incompetence of some people/internet companies. Well I hope you enjoy all ten copies of your cancelled calendars! Merry freaking Christmas.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger golfwidow said...

I love how they'd rather give you a "gift" than try to figure out where their system broke down.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home