I am biting my nails...
...wondering if my daughter has been bit today. It's about the time I'd normally get a phone call... Give or take a minute. So any time my phone rings I jump at it. A local call will immediately sink my stomach at any time of day... but so far... so good.
Yesterday was bite number 4. This time Jocelyn was trying to take a piece of fruit (she eats fruit??? when did that happen???) from another child (yes we feed her - and she eats well... so not sure what SHE was thinking doing that either)...and the child bit her. Again... do I know if it's the same child or 4 different ones? No clue.
This time the bite was on that little flab on skin in between the thumb and pointer finger...And of course the daycare really won't tell me much besides what happened, how it happened and what they did to resolve it (ie: wash it, apply ice... whatever.)
It drives me nuts that I can't know more. I'd like to know if there is a chronic biter in the class. And if so, what steps are being taken to resolve the biting issue. I'd almost feel better if it were multiple biters rather than just one child. I'm not sure why that is... but I said it so I guess there has to be a reason.
I know we have been more than patient in these instances. And I'm not mad at the biter anymore or the parents. I also don't expect any sort of punishment like suspension or expelling the child... I'd just like to know what the daycare is doing to prevent it from happening anymore. Maybe extra teething rings? Have the teachers sit in between the kids at "key" biting times? More teachers? Special attention for the biters? Motrin?
In the meantime...we'll keep telling Jocelyn that it's not nice to take food from other people's mouths... oh and of course we're still practicing our Tae Bo. :-)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home