What's up Buttercup?

Friday, November 18, 2005

The race for the chase...


Everyone keeps asking me... SOOOOOO... is Tony going to win it (I'm talking about the NASCAR race for the championship for all you non-rednecks)? Like *I'm* some sort of psychic. People at work... strangers in the parking lot who notice my #20 sticker... and random friends are all emailing me asking for my prediction on this weekend's race. I'm a pessimistic fan. I'm also an extremely hopeful fan... I just feel like something is going to "happen" to him mid-race or even sooner and he's going to muck it all up. The stink of it all is that under the old points
system - we'd already be drunk celebrating. Oh wait. Maybe I am already drunk. But I'm not ready to celebrate yet. Still... my fingers and all other extremities are crossed. Too bad there will be no victory cruise this year. We came home with a helluva souvenir (see her in the photo - tee hee). Anyhow stay tuned on Sunday to see if I'll be sulking with my Sox & Yankees friends... or I'll be celebrating with my... uhhh... god all our teams suck this year. Well, it could be worse. At least I'm not a Kurt Busch fan.

Here's hoping!

Cheers, S.

1 Comments:

At 4:44 AM, Blogger Beagle22 said...

Beware of an Early race problem, Carl Edwards, and Greg Biffle! With the 2 of them (and Johnson ) battleing for every point and Gordon Running for the million, Stewart could end up in a race starting, Chase ending wreck. Hows that for a pessimist?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home