What's up Buttercup?

Monday, November 07, 2005

Getting to work is work itself!

Okay - for once I have something to blog about - and any of you who live on my side of the Connecticut River - know what I'm talkin' about! What are they doing with the blankety blank blank blank South End Bridge? It's pure agony trying to get to work. My 15 minute commute is now a 45 minute drive filled with nothing but RAGE! Not at the other drivers (though they're morons too) but the city/town/state - WHOEVER is to blame!

I had to leave 45 minutes early to pick up my daughter from daycare this afternoon - whereas it would usually take me about 10 if that to go get her. With the prices of gas these days - it's insane for me to have to 1) travel over one of the other bridges - also laden with traffic and moronic drivers... 2) travel deep into CT - probably about 5 miles off course and further south than I need to be!

I dread waking up tomorrow and doing it again! Is there any hope in our future for a rageless commute? Or how about a nice tax break at the end of the year for the excess mileage I have to put on my car! Or the hundreds I'll spend on therapy just to rid myself of this excess road rage!

Build a new bridge! Something! Anything! UUUUUGH!

Cheers, S.

4 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Blogger GamesGirl said...

GFY spammers!

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger Liz said...

Stacey,
Welcome to the blogosphere. This certainly can be a cathartic space.

I can only imagine your frustration on a daily basis. Thankfully there is an estimated end time. I actually dread leaving your house Saturday night/Sunday morning cuz I am not sure how to get home??!!??!! We will figure it out though.

Talk with you soon!

lt

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger GamesGirl said...

Take 57 to route 5 and take the north end bridge to 91 north... or go to the next ws exit (where ground round is) and go over that bridge and 91 to 291. I know... it's a beeeatch! But poker is worth it!

You can always stay the night :-) We have room in our bed. LOL.

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger Hothead said...

If it isn't rush hour, just taking route 5 to the north end bridge will let you pick up 291 without much delay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home