What's up Buttercup?

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Thank God for your blessings.

Monday morning I drove into work and it was another typical morbid Monday morning.

Little did I know the morbidity would quadruple by the time I walked into my office.

A little past 7:30 a.m., I found out a coworker and her husband were killed in a car accident the day before.

Now I didn't know her all that well. We were on a few teams together, said hello in passing, but we weren't best friends by any means. But still - she and her husband were killed.

They left behind 3 children. Her youngest is the same age as my daughter. I read part of the obit and my mascara had already started running. By the end I was hysterically balling. All for a family I barely know, but hurt the world for.

It's a reality check for us all to remember that we're not invincible.

So slow down a little when you drive tomorrow. Think about your family and friend's tears if not your own.

I hope everyone who reads this lives life to the fullest. And please send your hearts and prayers out to those three children who won't get tucked in by mommy and daddy tonight, or ever again.

Cheers,

S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home