My daughter's Christmas wish...
My daughter has seen Santa 3 times this year. Each time I'm fascinated by her response when he asks her, "What would you like for Christmas?"
The first time she saw Santa was at the mall. She eased up on his lap, looked up at him and said, "I want a Christmas tree."
We all laughed.
The next night, we bought and decorated a Christmas tree.
The next time she saw Santa was at a work Christmas party.
She told Santa she wanted "Lightning McQueen."
We all laughed.
That night she went to bed in a room filled with Lightning McQueen decorations.
The next time she saw Santa was when my inlaws took her to a church function.
"I want a candy cane," she told Santa.
He gave her one.
Besides teaching Jocelynthat she can get anything she wants by just asking - it has taught me something, too. My daughter and I are very much alike.
While I can't say anything about the "Lightning McQueen" ask... I do remember as a child I went to functions like these with my Jewish parents, and asking Santa for the same things. I didn't understand why Jewish kids couldn't have Christmas trees with tons of presents spread across the living room. I never even ate a candy cane that I can remember... So now I'm living vicariously through my daughter; and I'm thrilled that us JAPs are experiencing these "firsts" together.
It's pretty cool.
Merry Chrismukah.
Cheers,
S.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home