What's up Buttercup?

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

So what the hell does a thyroid do anyway...

...Besides cause me days of agony... as I wait impatiently to find out if mine's got issues or not.

FUN STUFF.

NOT!

But the long and short of it is... my thyroid is my latest stressor. Back in 2001 they found a few cysts and "stuff" on it and I'm back to the doctor getting a so-called routine check-up. Basically, just to make sure nothing's changed in size or function.

Easy enough, right?

But my blood pressure is through the roof about this right now... I had to wait 2 months just to get a follow-up doctor's appointment... another 2 weeks to get an ultrasound (which I'm assured is just "precautionary")... and I'll have to wait another week or so before I even know anything at all about what's going on.

Did I mention I am possibly the most impatient person I know?

The chances are slim to none that it's anything beyond mental anguish. But it's those slim chances that has me in a tizzy and highly annoyed at anyone and everyone who says "oh, it's probably nothing."

Here's hoping.

Cheers,

S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home