I'm a lifetime mother..& only a full-time employee...
I am absolutely overcome with mother's guilt.
And I hate it.
This week my daughter was sick at daycare. And of course, my first reaction is "Not now, Jocelyn!"
On Monday DC called me because my usually happy go lucky toddler was not so happy and had runny poops. By 3:30 she was so unhappy I had to pick her up.
Tuesday she was fine.
Wednesday... on my busiest day at the office... I got a call at 9am that she was already asleep - and had been a bear all morning. "But I can't leave work.." I told her teacher... and as soon as I said it I hated myself... but they understood, so they didn't tell me to come pick her up directly... but why else would they call? Should I leave my sick child there and seem like a HORRIBLE mother... what mother would leave her sick child with near strangers? The guilt was eating away at me from the moment I put down the phone - and for the next hour it took before I called up her teacher to say "I'll be right there..."
So of course I feel guilty for dropping everything and leaving work now - and today was pure hell. Luckily I have a very understanding boss - with two kids of her own... but that doesn't change my due dates any!
Jocelyn was better today (oh and pretty much since the second I got her home the little shit...) so I guess some TLC with Mommy was what she needed. And I needed to get some laundry done too!
A big high five & a glass of white zin go out to all you other working moms.
Cheers, S.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home