What's up Buttercup?

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The countdown is on...

Yes... it's that time again. Dave rushes to finish all summer projects, I stress over the rest.

6 years. Can you believe it? My baby is about to be 6. I have stressed over the weather for 6 years. And you know what? It never once has rained.

But before I get to that, what happened to my baby? When I first posted on this blog she was in diapers. Now she picks out her own (name brand) clothes. She has friends of her own. Boyfriends. She gets her own phone calls. She decides what she wants to eat. She swims without help. She wipes her own ass (thank god). She loves to sing. She loves to dance. She wants to take tennis lessons. She thinks soccer practice is a social hour. She loves My Little Pony, Littlest Pet Shops, Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers. She wants her own Disney television show. She thinks she could be the next Hannah Montana. She likes to wear my pink hair extension. She thinks she is famous because her picture is on a game box. She absolutely loves her boyfriends Tyler and Dominic and I really think she wants to marry both of them. At this time in their lives, I think they'd both me cool with it as long as she doesn't kiss them. Her best friend's name is Jessie. They're not going to first grade together and Jocelyn said, "But I'm going to die without Jessie..." I could go on and on... The point is -- my baby is her own person. She's a young lady, not so much a little girl. But the one thing that stayed true throughout all of these 6 years (and will continue for at least the next 10) is that I have always thrown her a kick ass talk of the town birthday party! And there is no way in hell I'm letting mother nature ruin that this year! So Hurricane Bill.... BITE ME. Mother nature -- chillax -- and Uncle Hy -- you know what you gotta do. I have faith you'll come through and make this year THE BEST EVER.

Here's hoping for a rockin' good time.

Cheers,

S.

Cheers,

S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home