Well hello there.
Does anyone still read this? Do you wonder if I fell of the face of the earth? In reality, I'm still here. I still read this every now and then - if anything just to remind myself that I need to update this page!
So here we are - my favorite month of the year... August. Getting close to crunch time. A little over 2 weeks or just a bit less than 3 weeks depending on how you look at it --- till "The big day" -- That one day a year that I spend 364 other days planning. The 3-5 (for the lightweights) hours of a day that I need sunshine, warm weather and happy children. (Well it's either that or a whole lotta beer.)
This year's party theme is Hannah Montana - and it's shaping up to be a kick ass party. I really can't wait. We are (well I am) very excited to be unveiling our new 12 x 24 deck off our kitchen, which I've decided is more like a balcony if you look at it from the street. That's because our yard is sloped (thus the reason I wanted the deck, because the area is unusable) and at the front of the house is it's highest peak. It's been a painful summer for poor Dave -- as he's spent all of his free time working on the deck. This will also mark the second summer in a row that (so far) he has yet to make it into the pool.
Jocelyn is having a fantastic time at summer camp - and next week she starts drama camp. She'll be in her first play on 8-14. I can't wait!
That's about all I can come up with for now. Everything else is the same ol' shit.
Let's all hope summer is finally here to stay and that August 22 is indeed a fantastic, hot as hell, beautifully sunny day. Say it with me please. COME ON UNCLE HY!
Cheers,
S.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home